Friday 24 October 2014

Read, Listen, Learn, Create.


I've been drawing a lot of book covers recently as little drawing exercises to play with my technique. 
I don't really read as much as I should. I'm constantly busy with freelancing and then working my part time job and just being a person and I usually reach for Netflix before bed instead of a book. It bugs me, I used to live in books and I do still love them. It got me onto thinking about how we consume books nowadays. A lot of mine are through the radio or audiobooks while I'm working. Which led into this piece:


I'm trying to vary my colour palette more at the moment. I always grab onto bright bolds and contrast them with cool colours and I find my work doesn't seem to translate well without them. I managed not to use pink, purple or yellow today though. So thats a plus.



X




No comments:

Post a Comment